Find your case quickly and easily on the luggage carousel and make sure it finds its way back to you should it decide to take a trip on a different plane with this quick and easy DIY luggage tag.
This makes a great gift, especially if you pick the fabric to suit the recipient.
You will need:
- 2 pieces of cotton fabric 6″ x 3 3/4″
- 1 piece of cotton fabric 14″ x 2″ for loop
- 2 pieces of heavy interfacing 5.5″ x 3.25″ (I used an extra heavy pelmet interfacing)
- Scrap of clear vinyl 2.25″ x 3.5″
- PVA glue and small brush
- Clothes Pins
- Press both long edges of fabric for loop to the centre then fold in half so that the raw edges are hidden. Top stitch along both long edges (Fig 1)
2. Fold and press the rectangles of fabric over the pieces of interfacing. (Fig 2)
3. Zig zag machine stitch 3 sides of the piece of clear vinyl onto the front of one of the rectangles
4. Using a small brush paint a thin layer of PVA glue around the inside 4 edges of one of the fabric and interfacing rectangles.
5. Lay the fabric loop on top of one of the short edges of the bottom rectangle (Fig 3) then place the piece with the vinyl pocket on top so that right sides are out and the loop short, raw edges are completely enclosed. Press and hold together with clothes pins until dry.
6. Top stitch around all 4 edges of the luggage tag with a heavy duty machine needle and add a piece of card to the vinyl pocket for name/phone number/ flight details.